Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#388 - 22/08/1999 17:13 What constitutes the "first batch" of Empegs?
dmoore
journeyman

Loc: Houston, Tx, Usa
Maybe the folks would like to provide some information -

How many units were produced in the first "batch" of Empegs?
When is the next production run *expected* to start?
How many should be expected in the second run?

Thanks,
david

#389 - 22/08/1999 17:41 Re: What constitutes the "first batch" of Empegs? [Re: dmoore]
andy
carpal tunnel

Loc: Wivenhoe, Essex, UK
I seem to remember (through my gin enhanced haze) that the first batch was around 500 units. I was number 330 on the waiting list and have a unit with a serial number of 47.
I have seen people suggesting that the serial numbers apply to the individual configurations of empeg (e.g. 4Gb Green), but I do not think this is true, no one from empeg seems to have confirmed this.
It appears (from what I have seen) that only about 1 in 10 of the people on the waiting list have been taking up the offer.

I have to say that I am very happy with my empeg (warts and all, because I know the warts are fixable via software).

__
Unit serial number 47 (was 330 in the queue)...

#390 - 23/08/1999 01:54 Re: What constitutes the "first batch" of Empegs? [Re: andy]
rob
carpal tunnel

Loc: Cambridge UK

Your serial number doesn't necessarily indicate the number of units shipped up to your position in the queue, as we're pulling units more or less randomly from store.

Regarding the take-up rate, a number of clients have deferred their purchase to the next batch. This is typically because they are waiting for the Mac download software, don't want to run Beta player software, or simply don't have the money right now. We're pleased to say that the number of firm cancellations received is very low.

Regards

Rob

#391 - 23/08/1999 14:26 Re: What constitutes the "first batch" of Empegs? [Re: rob]
tanstaafl.
carpal tunnel

Loc: Ajijic, Mexico
"We're pleased to say that the number of firm cancellations received is very low."

Oh, sure Rob. That's very pleasing to YOU. But how about us poor fools who are 8,000+ in the queue? I was hoping that the first 8,300 people would decline, but no such luck, I guess.

;-)

tanstaafl.

"There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch"

#392 - 24/08/1999 12:51 Re: What constitutes the "first batch" of Empegs? [Re: rob]
dmoore
journeyman

Loc: Houston, Tx, Usa
That is good information but I really was wondering exactly how many Empeg's were in the first production run?

Thanks,
david

#393 - 13/09/1999 10:21 Re: What constitutes the "first batch" of Empegs? [Re: dmoore]
Deanster
stranger

Loc: Ventura, California, USA
I was customer number 888. Does that mean I was 888 in the queue?

My Empeg is serial number 00076. I got the 6Gig version if that makes a difference.

I heard that the first batch was of 1500 units. I think.

yours, Dean